Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Quilt

This one was a long time in coming. My friend Alexis and I went into Joanne's a few years ago (as we often did when we only had one kid and they were young). We were looking through the quilting books and saw a cool quilt. We both picked out some fabric and started on our quilts. We never finished. I have been working on it on and off for probably a little over 2 years, and now it is done!! The purpose of this quilt is to tie in all the random colors of our living room furniture. I think it turned out pretty cool. I was uncharacteristically anal about how the squares lined up so I did a lot of picking and redoing... but it was well worth the effort.







3 comments:

Alexis said...

I love, love, LOVE this quilt!! I wish I had finished the quilt I started with you--i think I made my squares too small-- I'll never finish!!!
good job on the straight lines--it did pay off!

The Rogers said...

I need to start a blog like this. I have so many projects I have purchased fabric for/ started that are just sitting around, plus a VERY nice machine my dear husband bought for me. We should go to JoAnns sometime and you can help me pick out another project I will have yet to finish/start. ;)

Crystal said...

That looks so good! You are so talented!