Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Car Seat Cover

These weren't really popular when I had a baby in an infant carrier. I was always draping the blanket over the top.... and it would always fall off. My sister is having a baby in a month. She found this super cute material at Joanne's and wanted me to make one for her. I think it turned out pretty cute.
Obviously my little guy is much too big for an infant carrier.... (don't you love his messy face?)
The cover was super easy to make. Just get a yard of two different types of fabric. I rounded the edges so it wouldn't drag on the floor when it is set down. Sew the two pieces together and turn inside out. I sewed all around the outside once I turned it inside out just so it would look nice. I made some pretty long tabs... just for style. I am definately going to make one of these for my next kid (if I ever have another one). :)

4 comments:

Kevin and Wendy said...

It turned out SO CUTE! Good job.

Rachel said...

Wow! I love that! and the fabric is absolutely gorgeous.

Chelsea said...

That is so cute! So I guess it's safe to say that Marianne is having a boy? Tell her congrats for me! I love that fabric! My SIL just had twins, a boy and a girl. I made them matching quilts and burp cloths in these exact patterns...except the girls were pink and brown! :)

Crystal said...

That is so cute! A girl in my ward makes something similar to that. I need to jump on the band wagon and make one for this next kid!