Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bath Salts

I made some home-made bath salts this year for Christmas presents. They turned out pretty good. I used a mango scent. I got the recipe mostly from this website: http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/bathbody/ss/basicbathsalts_2.htm I read a whole bunch of different recipes online and added the glycerin to it. (Apparently it is suppose to make your skin soft.

Here is the recipe I used:
3 Cups Epsom Salt
2 Cups Sea Salt
1/4 ounce Essential Oil
a little bit of glycerin (like a teaspoon or something)
food coloring

You just have to be careful not to add too much glycerin because it makes it clump. You don't have to do the food coloring, I just think it makes it pretty. The picture above is not mine, it is from the website previously mentioned. I thought it looks pretty to not color some and layer it. Or color it different colors.... maybe next time.


1 comment:

Little Crazies said...

where did you get glycerin? i always want to make handmade salts and scrubs and also lipstick but it means i have to buy so much stuff... i don't even have nice jars. or jars at all... so i stick to the store bought stuff :)