Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baby's Room: Name

I have about 11 weeks left until baby gets here. I have a few projects I need to get done before baby (because I will NOT be doing any sewing for at least a couple of months after). I love how it looks to put the baby's name above the crib. There are lots of different things you can do with the letters, but I wanted to do something a little bit different. Before we moved, I hit up DI and bought a frame for each letter. I think I ended up spending something like 9 dollars for 7 frames. Super cheap. If you bought them new (and on sale) you would probably spend that much on one 8x10 inch frame. I picked up some white spray paint from home depot and sprayed all the frames. I got rid of the glass and mod podged some scrapbook paper to either the cardboard that was in the frame. I had to cut some new carboard for some of them because they were pretty tattered. I got some letters from Hobby Lobby, painted them, and glued them to the cardboard. Then I attached some ribbon to the back!
I am really happy with how they turned out. I LOVE them. I actually sat in the baby's room for a while and just admired them. haha.... I am weird.
The colors will all make sense when I finish the bumber pad and bed skirt.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is so cute! What a great project! Haha, I've totally done that with something I've made.