Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Corn Bags

We have done these corn bags a couple of years as Christmas gifts now. I guess I should probably explain what they are since a few people we gave them to had no idea what it was. It is a heating pad that you fill with corn feed and heat in the microwave for a few minutes.
We love them for keeping our feet warm in the winter, cramps, headaches, and shoulder pain. You can get corn feed from a local IFA or similar store. It is only 9 or 10 dollars for a 50 lb bag. We usually get about 22 corn bags out of the 50 lb bag. You can make them just about any shape you like, but I like to stick to this one because it fits nicely on your neck. I also make a smaller version because these are kind of heavy on your head if you have a headache.... especially if you are claustrophobic. :)

Here is the poem I attached to it:
We made this bag especially for you
To use it: Here is what you do
Microwave for 3 minutes on high
and you can kiss aches and pains goodbye
Apply it to a troubled spot
The heat will ease the pain a lot
You can warm those little toes, so cold
You'll find it nice to have and hold
Hope it helps you stay warm
during these long months of cold and storm!

I got some of the poem from a different website about rice bags, but I don't remember where I found it. Anyway, it is a really good and cheap gift. (Especially if you live in cold places.)

No comments: